Saturday, August 28, 2010

Gentle paws session

My bro, JY and I went down to Gentle paws @ pasir ris farmway 2 no. 16 to help out with the shelter. Basically, gentle paws is a new shelter set up on April to give shelter to those homeless dogs as well to put them up for adoption. It's currently lacking in manpower as they have about 30 dogs, which requires many manpower especially when it comes to walking the dogs. We also fed the dogs, clear their poos (quite alot haha) and play with them. We've not come to the stage of bathing them yet which I feel that much interaction with the dogs would be required before we can actually control them for bathing (:

Today when we went down, the dogs were already so excited for walks! They were all crowding around the gate. I was so happy when I saw them so excited and ready. So immediately, we took 3 dogs for a walk. As usual, JY took Mario. My bro took Dyana and I took Dexter. I made short runs and many times I felt breathless. My stamina deproved alot.

After which, we fed the dogs. They were so hungry such that they finished their dog food and were craving for more! Following which we just lingered around and played with the dogs.

Today I'm so happy, to the extent that I didn't want to leave the shelter. Saying goodbye is always sad. Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to the next trip down to the shelter. And who knows I'll become a regular there?

Here are some photos which we took, enjoy!

This is Dollar, a golden retriever. She likes us stroking her fur.


From top to bottom: Mario/Destine/Dexter/Dyana

This is Daelle, enjoying the soft touches from JY.

No comments: