Tuesday, October 05, 2010

A Significant Hug

Yesterday a scene kept flashing in the back of my mind. Hugs. I remembered I was at the shelter last sunday and went into Caspian's cage. While sitting on the bench, Caspian was on my left side for me to stroke his fur. Suddenly he pounced on me and gave me a hug. I hugged him back. Many of us would think that this is insignificant. But to Caspian and the dogs, it matters alot to the dogs - dogs who were abandoned once or even more than once. I believed that every dog at the shelter yearns for love and care from people. A hug can be such a strong feeling that it can make a person cry - tears of joy. Caspian is a very handsome and good boy. Like any dog, once that trust is built, he can be really friendly towards one. And I felt it. I began to love him more and more as I proceed down to the shelter every week. Hoping to have him as my house dog even though I know it is impossible. Deep down in my heart, I can only silently wish that he can be adopted into a good family who is able to give him the love that he yearns to have.

You came into my life and gave me something precious.

No comments: